How to Craft a Perfect 3D Rendering in Post-production
TL;DR (Too Long; Didn’t Read): If you’re one of the blessed ones who are creating 3D renderings daily, you’re probably struggling to find online the right cut out trees out there. But we got you, buddy. Just hit the download button below and get our cut out trees collection for free.
What you'll get:
- You get 10 unique cut out trees as PNG files with transparent background ready for direct drag and drop use
- You get 10 carefully picked trees in different sizes, shapes and lighting condition
- Enhance the composition of your 3D visualizations with some fresh corner branches or trunks, conifers, and fallen leaves
- Downloading this freebie collection, you will be able to use them wherever you like, from your personal to commercial projects
Who this collection is for:
- Anyone who wants to improve productivity and speed up their workflow
- Anyone who wants to avoid the nightmare of cutting out or masking trees in Photoshop
- This freebie collection is mainly for architects who want to enhance their architectural visualizations with some unique and fresh cut out trees
- Architectural students who are new to, or beginners in architectural visualization
- 3D artists and illustrators who want to refresh and build up their 3D asset library
Here's the story:
Most people think creating a 3D rendering is easy.
It’s all about dragging and dropping import-ready 3D models and shaders into scene templates.
A few clicks here and there to move or scale objects, hit render and voila, your expensive high-end CGI still is ready.
Job done. Ok, pay me, Client.
Well, it’s not a few clicks. Have a look:
But the reality is totally different.
In our experience as a creative group of skilled 3D artists that work with companies on creating 3D renderings that both sell and provoke emotions, the story and structure behind your 3D image are crucial.
Creating CGI story that matters is important because a powerful story you convey in your 3D rendering can establish trust with the customer and your customer’s customer. The ultimate goal, right?
It grabs their attention, it piques their interest, it creates desire and ultimately it is what gives them the information they need to get. Being able to listen to the client, feel their passion for what they want and need, that is your job to accomplish with them.
But in reality, creating a 3D rendering for architectural competition or off-plan property with the idea to tell a good story, can be very hard to accomplish.
But why the story you tell always matters?
Because good stories have always fascinated mankind. From cave paintings to novels to movies.
The desire to tell and hear good stories has remained unchanged, and still greatly impacts the way we look at life. The ability to tell stories effectively and memorable is a very valuable skill.
The phrase “picture is worth a thousand words” describes perfectly the art of visual storytelling. And that is our goal. That is our A-Ha moment.
Like words, you have to communicate effectively through your 3D renderings.
Let’s cut the chase and get to the point here.
While we still have plenty to learn on storytelling and communicating effectively, we’re confident that we have something to share with 3D artists and members of the CGI community struggling with challenging post-production work.
In this post, we’re going to share with you our Post-production file for a project we did for Workinforest.
Why do you need to download this PSD file?
– Because this is the image that brought us a lot of attention online.
– Because you will learn how the hell we pulled off that atmosphere on the image.
– Because you will see at first hand how our Workflow looks in Photoshop, how we use Curves, Layer Masks, Color Balance and other features to make our images stand out.
If you follow our layer structure step by step, you’ll be able to create an awesome image for any type of scenery.
As you know, post-production is the third and final step in creating photorealistic 3D visualizations. CGI, in combination with architecture and design, is an industry where beside skills you need heart and love to that what you are doing.
On the other hand, you need essentials. Everybody needs good sky backgrounds. A good way to start is to download our 25 free sky backgrounds.
Although it’s the most challenging, postproduction is a very important phase in our workflow where we put all our efforts (and hours) to treat each part of the image with respect and bring something different and distinctive rather.
Now, what do you need to download this collection?
You need to have a valid email address that you will type in Gumroad popup.
So, after you click on the “Download (it’s free)” button, the Gumroad Popup will show up. To download the collection, just type 0 (zero) and grab the Zip file for free.